TRY-ing for Schools program FAQs
1. What is the minimum qualifying membership to participate in this program?
The minimum qualifying numbers to participate in the TRY-ing for Clubs program is 50 points.
2. What is the value of the memberships?
The memberships are based on points for the number of game. The higher the game membership package is the higher the points your school receives.
5 game membership = 5 points.
1 game membership = 1 points.
3. What is in the information packs and when will my school be receiving it?
The information kit includes posters, membership forms and details outlining the TRY-ing for Schools promotion. You should receive the packs on Monday 25th March; if you have not received your packs please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Is there a limit to the number of members that I can recruit?
No, there is no limit to the number of Members you can recruit into the Rebels family – the more the merrier. Just make sure they are new members to the family.
5. What if I am an existing member – can I contribute to my schools points?
Unfortunately no, TRY-ing for Schools program only count game membership purchased from Monday 25th March 2013 until Monday 17th June 2013.
6. What is the cut off for memberships to be counted towards my school?
TRY-ing for schools promotion concludes on Monday 17th June 2013.
7. How will I be notified if my school has won?
The winning School will be notified by email on Wednesday 19th June 2013.
8. How will the RaboDirect Rebels know my membership will be aligned to my school?
When the Member signs up for their Membership they will be asked to nominate which school they are affiliated with. This will then be assigned to the nominated school’s tally.
9. How will I know how the school is going in terms of points?
You can check how your school is going by heading to the website ww.try-ingforschools.com.au and clicking on the TRY-ing for schools ladder for the latest results. This will be updated every Monday.
1. Can I change my package?
Yes, just advise the Membership team and it can be arranged.
2. When will I receive my 2013 Membership pack?
Providing we have received full payment, packs will be distributed from mid-December to the start of the season.
3. When will the draw be released for the 2013 Super Rugby season?
The draw has been released and is available under “Fixtures” on our website.
4. What is a Junior Member?
A Junior Member is a person 16 years or under as at 1st October, 2012.
5. What is the difference between a Junior Member and Laurie’s Little Rebels Member (Junior Club)?
A Junior Member receives a match ticket to all 8 home matches. The Laurie’s Little Rebels Member (Junior Club) involves a fun coaching afternoon with the RaboDirect Rebels. The Laurie’s Little Rebels Member (Junior Club) does not include a match ticket.
6. Five game Package Criteria
Our five game packages are designed to grow membership program by getting patrons to “trial” our product.
Only first time members can take up this package
7. Do I need to pay for my toddler?
Children under 3 years old will be admitted free but they must be seated on the lap of an accompanying adult.
8. What is a family?
A family ticket is 4 seats and consists of 2 adults & 2 juniors
9. I have a family of 5 what do I do?
You will need to purchase an additional adult or junior ticket , so you have 5 seats.
10. When will I receive my Membership Cards?
2013 Membership Cards will begin their distribution runs from mid December 2012 and will be distributed periodically from that date. A card should take no longer than six weeks from the date you purchase your membership (subject to Australia Post)
11. How will the monthly payment plan work?
The first instalment of your 3 part payment plan will be debited from the credit card you provide on the date of purchase. The second (2nd) instalment will be deducted on the same day the following month and the third instalment the month after that (eg: 1st – 15 August , 2nd – 15 September, 3rd – 15 October. The payment plan fee of $5.00 will be debited as an additional $2.50 on payment 2 and an additional $2.50 on payment 3. This part payment plan will be available until 16 November 2012
12. Credit Card Fees
All Credit card fees will be passed on.
13. Is my Membership card transferable?
Yes. If a Member cannot attend a match, they can give their Membership card to a friend or relative.
14. If I bring a friend to the game and they are not a member can they sit next to me?
No, our Membership packages have reserved seating, and this will not be possible. Blue Members will be able to sit next to friends as they are seated in General Admission.
15. What type of access will I have to Qantas Wallabies Test match tickets?
Your Membership will entitle you to a Priority Booking Period for Qantas Wallabies Test matches in Melbourne in 2013.
16. Will I have the same seats for the entire season?
If you purchase a Weary Dunlop Rugby Club, Platinum, Gold or Silver 8 game package you will receive the same reserved seating allocation for the entire season. Blue packages have unreserved seating behind the goals, which means you can choose your seat at each match.
17. If I buy a five game package will I receive the same reserved seating allocation for the entire season?
No. We are unable to provide you with the same seat each game but will endeavour to allocate you to the same area within the category you apply for.
18. How many home matches will the Melbourne Rebels have?
The Melbourne Rebels will host eight home matches.
19. How much will it cost to purchase a ticket to the match?
See our website for details.
20. How do I apply for disabled seating?
To request disabled seating (such as wheelchair or easy access) you will need to either respond to your confirmation email stating your request or apply in writing to email@example.com or call us 1300 069 413.
21. How do I sit with my friends?
If you are renewing or booking online then you will need to either book together or respond to the confirmation email with a note to say you would like to sit with another Member. You will need to provide their MyRugby ID. If you are booking via fax or mail submit your Membership application forms in the one fax or envelope.
22. How will I know if my Membership Application has been received?
If you have applied online you will receive two confirmation emails, one will confirm your payment. If you have submitted your application form via mail or fax you will receive a confirmation email within 48 hours if a valid email address has been provided
23. How do I replace my Membership card if it is lost or stolen?
Please contact the Melbourne Rebels Membership team on 1300 069 413 during business hours. A $20 administration fee applies for the replacement of each Membership card.
24. Is there parking at AAMI Stadium?
Parking throughout the Melbourne and Olympic Parks is severely limited but great public transport options are available .
25. Where can I sit so that I am undercover?
Seats allocated in all Membership categories below the AAMI Park Stadium roof line do not guarantee protection from the elements.
26. What public transport will be heading to the games?
Take any Metro train to Richmond Station or Tram: Route 70 (AAMI Park stop or Hisense Arena stop) which will get you very close to the ground. AAMI Park is approximately a 20 minute walk from Flinders Street station.
27.Where do I sit if I buy Weary Dunlop Rugby Club Memberships?
You will be seated in premium undercover seating, situated on Level 2 of AAMI Park and bar facilities located on the Eastern side of the ground. The Weary Dunlop Rugby Club Members will have access to great seats in the stadium.
28.Can I pay cash?
No. Only credit card (Visa, Mastercard and AMEX) and cheque payments will be processed. You may request an invoice if you are unable to pay by these methods.
30. What is the advantage of purchasing a Blue membership over purchasing a General Admission tickets to each game?
One of the benefits of a Blue Membership is that Members get General Admission tickets to 8 games for the price of 6 games. PLUS many extra members-only benefits.
31. What concessions are included in the concession packages?
Concession Membership fees apply to holders of a current Pension Card (aged, single parent or disability), Veteran Affairs or TPI Association of Victoria card or a student holding a full-time Student Card for 2013. Seniors cards are not accepted.
32. If I don’t renew my Weary Dunlop Rugby Club Membership and just buy tickets at the gate will I get the same seats from 2012?
No, the daily sales to attend the Weary Dunlop Rugby Club are subject to availability of seats. The daily sales tickets will be located towards the try lines as Weary Dunlop Rugby Club Members have first access to the best seats.
Daily sales will only be advertised subject to this category not selling out as a seasonal package.
33. Is it better value to buy a membership or buy tickets at the ground for all 8 home games?
It is better value for money when buying a Membership instead of buying individual tickets at the gate for each home game, PLUS you get member benefits including a Member’s 2013 cap.
Please see below the comparison:
Foundation Member Definition
Persons who have been a Member of the RaboDirect Rebels every year since their first Super Rugby match in 2011 are considered Foundation Members.
Foundation Members are entitled to benefits over and above the benefits provided to Members who do not qualify as a Foundation Member (“Foundation Membership Benefits”).
Foundation Members will be advised of Foundation Membership Benefits from time to time.
The British & Irish Lions Tour FAQs
1. What Test tickets am I entitled to purchase as part of my Membership package?
The RaboDirect Rebels have secured a limited amount of Test match tickets for the Qantas Wallabies v British & Irish Lions Test Match at Etihad Stadium on Saturday 29th June, 2013. 2013 Members will receive the following pre-sale access towards the end of 2012.
Weary Dunlop Rugby Club Members – access to purchase two Test tickets per Membership in the first pre-sale window
Foundation Platinum Members - access to purchase two Test tickets per Membership in the first pre-sale window.
Platinum Members - access to purchase one Test ticket per Membership in the first pre-sale window.
Foundation Gold, Silver, Blue Members – will be given the second pre-sale window to purchase one Test ticket per Membership subject to availability.
All other Members will be given the opportunity to purchase one ticket per Membership in the final pre-sale window subject to availability.
More information about how to purchase these tickets and on sale dates will be made available in the coming months and will be published at www.melbournerebels.com.au